Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mythological Creatures and all that good stuff!

I love putting mythological creatures in my books. So far in Songaia I have Elves, Centaurs, Fauns, Unicorns, and Nixies.

I think of Elves as taller than humans, with pointy ears, angular faces, and (I know this is strange) orange pupils. Their hair can be blond, silver, black, dark blue, or cinnamon colored, and their eyes are usually silver, blue, green, or pale gold. All Elves have some kind of magical power, and even though they aren't immortal, they do live much longer than humans.

My version of Nixies is that they're slightly smaller than human size, they're ears are usually fan shaped, and they have green or blue tinted skin. They have both gills and lungs, and are excellent ship builders. Their hands and feet are webbed, and they spend nearly all their time in the water. Eye color is usually gray, blue, green, or a coral pink, and their hair is mostly black or green, with a few streaks of other color throughout.

Centaurs in my book are just like the traditional centaurs. Just like a horse, except where the horse neck should be there's a human torso (accompanied by a human head, I would hope). Come in all colors and sizes.

Fauns are only mentioned in my book. I don't have a main character faun so I haven't given much thought to what they look like. But I've figured out that they at least have the lower half of a goat, tail of a donkey, and torso and head of a human.

Unicorns...well, they have one horn centered in their forehead, but pretty much other than that they look like regular horses.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! go mythical creatures! :D
awesome. :)
hay, have you ever posted any of your story?
i'd love to read it!

Izori said...

Planning to sometime!

Catherine WhiteRose ~*~ said...

My favorite mythical creatures are Unicorns, Centaurs, Dragons, and Elves (those are the ones that come to mind right now). I also like the many mythical ones I make up myself, but I guess that's 'cause I make them up! :)

Princess Catherine

Emily Ann said...

Izori, I made a background for you. go here to see it( www.thelandofanarane.blogspot.com ) If you don't like it leave a comment and tell me what to change.

Emily Ann said...

It's the same as cutest blog on the block, just copy the code I give you and paste it into a HTML widget. Do you want me to post it on my test blog?