'The Fellowship of the Ring'
When Bilbo Baggins vanishes on his 111 birthday, he leaves a mysterious ring of power behind to his nephew, Frodo. Gandalf the Wizard, an old friend of Bilbo's, doesn't know much about the ring except for that it is dangerous and must be kept hidden from all eyes. More research about the ring reveals that it will be the end of Middle Earth, unless Frodo can destroy it in the place where it came from--Mordor.
Frodo and three friends, Sam, Pippin, and Merry, set out to deliver the ring to whoever can destroy it, and find that this ring has even bigger importance than they had realized. When they reach Rivendell, it is decided that Frodo himself will bear the ring, and that two men, Aragorn and Boromir, an elf named Legolas, a dwarf named Gimli, and Gandalf the Wizard will all accompany them. Thus starts the Fellowship of the Ring...
You must watch it.
With that said, I'll be more official. It was wonderful!! Now I understand what everyone else was raving about.
Good stuff: There's a lot of close friendship and awesome fight scenes. I really liked the Ringwraiths (not that it's my style or anything, they just did a good job of looking really creepy and evil). I greatly enjoyed finally seeing the movie that I had been dying to see for years, and I must say, it certainly was an awesome movie in a whole lot of ways.
There is some cautionary stuff, though (yes, I know this seems longer than the good stuff...but it really isn't): First of all, Aragorn and Arwen kiss. I see what people mean when they say that Arwen is definitely not as pure in the movie as in the books. And I could understand why Dad and Mom didn't want me and Erestor to watch it until we had reached the ages we are (also I think it was a good idea to send Galdor and Luthien to bed. Luthien wouldn't even watch parts of 'The Princess Bride') There's some brief torture scenes, and the bad guys are very real looking. I actually enjoyed the part where Aragorn lopped off the Uruk-Hai's (I think I spelled that right) head, but that could also be sort of disturbing.
I must say, I didn't close my eyes during the movie at all!! I also managed to not cry until the ending part (s). I'm usually the last to cry during movies, and if you ask any of my friends, they would most likely say that I'm not a crying type of person.
At the place where we do archery, there was one girl (she's not likely to appear on this blog very much, so I won't bother to give her a name) that said Erestor reminded her of Pippin. I definitely see the resemblence (haha). They even look somewhat alike!!
And now I'm going back to bed.
6 comments:
I'm so excited you got to see it, those movies ARE THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I know, I'm getting a little carried away. :) I just love them sooo much!
~Eldarwen Failariel~
I know!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see TTT!!!!
Oh, you'll love that one, too. :) I'm so excited for you because I remember how it felt when I first saw them! It was so awesome. :D
~Eldarwen Failariel~
My parents wouldn't let me watch the first movie until I'd read the book. But I loved the movie! It's so great. =)
The only part I closed my eyes on was the part where Bilbo's eyes go freaky. That part scared me because I wasn't expecting them to take it that far with the CGI, even though there was some basis for it in the book.
I'm glad you liked it. I own the Special Extended Editions of each of them. lol
Isn't it awesome!? Return of the King will always be my favorite, but I really like the Fellowship of the Ring as well :)
I haven't seen them yet but I want to. By the way the other day I saw a bumper sticker that said
FRODO LIVES (LOL)
Post a Comment